CQ/AEM Dialog v/s Design Dialog
A component is CQ is a smallest unit that can dropped on a page and content author can fill in any content in it. Content can be of two types:
- Page specific (in this case component dialog is used)
- Design/Global (in this case design_dialog is used)
The way a dialog or design_dialog is defined is exactly same, there are only two differences:
- The obvious difference is in their name i.e. “dialog” and “design_dialog”
- The way properties (stored content/values) are access:
- Retrieve values from dialog (widget) to jsp: String var= properties.get("
- Retrieve values from design_dialog to jsp: String var= currentStyle.get("
Content/values stored via get stored at page level under component’s node. On the other hand, content/value stored via a design dialog is store at design path of your teamplate (see cq:designPath property of root node of your application/page), usually this location is under /etc/design/